Brief History of Christ Episcopal Church - St. Joseph, Louisiana
the Civil War and Reconstruction, the original church, founded in 1856
and known as the Church at St. Joseph, languished. However, in
1872 a group led by Mrs. Carrie Hardemann Tullis reorganized the Parish
and built the present building, which was constructed by Patrick
Murphy, a prominent Natchez contractor. It was built for the sum
of $3,200. The building was then reconsecrated on May 14, 1876.
name was changed to Christ Church in 1888. Operated as a mission
for many years, the congregation was incorporated as Christ Episcopal
Church in 1947.